Wednesday, February 25, 2009

PTI Feb Blog Hop

This is for PTI's Feb Blog Hop. The challenge was to create something Spring-y. I made a purse from one of Lauren's timeless templates. The color and flowers from Wise Owl really say spring to me. It makes me think of getting dressed up for Easter as a little girl! I plan to fill with candy and give to my Mom for Easter. Every year she gives up sweets for Lent, so she really looks forward to her Easter Candy.



I used a Spellbinders tag and the sentiment from Mixed Messages.





I reinforced the handle with pink ribbon and some eyelets and stamped the flower design all the way around the purse.









Supplies:
Cardstock:Michael's

Ink: Pallete
Ribbon: May Arts
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Wise Owl, Mixed Messages

Other:Eyelets, Cropadile, Spellbinders Tag

33 comments:

Joanne said...

Very very lovely - awesome

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Now I have to have this template! Great work!

Natasha said...

Beautiful project!

Anonymous said...

CUUUUTE! I love how you lined up those flowers on the flap.

whoistracy said...

Kim, this is so cute!!

Kristie Larsen said...

oh, this is just adorable. very creative!

BethieJ said...

This is DARLING!!! You did such a FANTASTIC job on it! Great job!
Happy Blog Hoppen!

Daniela Dobson said...

So cute!

karla said...

This is great!

Kay D said...

That's just lovely, very nice job!

LaurieG said...

What a sweet looking little purse. Very pretty.

AKiteFlier said...

Kim this is just A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!! I have this template and have not yet used it - I might just "CASE" you girl! Thanks for the inspiration.

Babies-Beth said...

Goodness, that's cute! My granddaughters would think this is great filled with Easter candy!

Dana said...

Aren't you clever! I love this and you're right. It makes me think of my new Easter dress each Easter with a pocketbook and new patent shoes to match.

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, I love it and your mom will too!!

Chris said...

very cute, your mom will love it!! >"<

Lizzie Jones said...

I L...O...V...E your tote! Super cute!

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love how the flowers and stems are stamped over the edge. Great job!

IamDerby said...

This is gorgeous! Nice Job!

Mindy said...

How precious! This reminds me of Easter dresses and patent leather shoes. :)

Melissa said...

This is so cute! I'm sure she'll love it! Great job!

Mara Campbell said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the stamped flowers around the edge, this is a wonderful project.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just beautiful!

Marge said...

What a FABULOUS entry for your first hop; hope you enjoyed the experience & that you'll be back next month!!! ;~)

Deanna said...

Welcome to Blog Hopping! :)
Super cute project!

peggysue said...

Who wouldn't want a soft pink purse for Spring? Lovely project and that tag in the front, just perfect.

Kim said...

Wow, it does remind me of a little Easter purse! I love the ribbon on the front!

Jen Caputo said...

AWESOME project, love that adorable purse!

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous creation Kimberly! Love the soft pink and green colours together!

Karen said...

This is truly is absolutely fabulous!! Love how the flowers are on the flap of the purse. Just beautiful!! :>

verna said...

DARLING!!!

Vicky said...

so pretty!

Sharon said...

Beautiful! Love how you made the flower heads on the part that opens up...seperate from the stems!