Friday, February 6, 2009

Over The Rainbow Color Challenge

Hello. Here is my card for the Papertrey Over The Rainbow color challenge. The challenge is part of the PTI 2nd year anniversary celebrations. The challenge was to use the 4 colors shown here. You can read more about it at Nichole's blog.


I ended up really pleased with the card I made and I would never have picked these colors on my own. I used my favorite PTI stamp set Beautiful Blooms. The lighter green flowers are Ripe Avocado stamped off once on scrap paper. I really like the butterfly detail. I punched two butterflies and then used a button hole punch to punch some small circles in the red butterfly wings, allowing the contrasting cardstock to show through.




This card is a couple of firsts for me: first time using my new Ocean Tides paper and ink, first blog post, first ever challenge completed. Thanks for looking.

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado
Ribbons: PTI Ripe Avocado Twill
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Blooms
Other: Martha Stewart Butterfly punch

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty, and I love the butterfly!