This card was made for a PTI anniversary challenge. The challenge was to copy a color combo that Dawn McVey used in one of her sneak peeks. (Sorry for the shadowy pictures!)

I've always admired Dawn's use of some really lovely and unique color combos. But trying to imitate her style really made me aware of how fantastic she is at putting different patterns together as well. I really liked the color combo I picked, but there are a lot of things about the card that I would change. I wasn't sure how big I wanted the main panel to be, so I just cut it willy-nilly, without thinking about how the pattern should be centered. Also, I wish I had added something to the yellow other than the scallops. I do like the white dots I added with my gel pen to the medallion on the yellow scalloped layer. Thanks for looking!
I've always admired Dawn's use of some really lovely and unique color combos. But trying to imitate her style really made me aware of how fantastic she is at putting different patterns together as well. I really liked the color combo I picked, but there are a lot of things about the card that I would change. I wasn't sure how big I wanted the main panel to be, so I just cut it willy-nilly, without thinking about how the pattern should be centered. Also, I wish I had added something to the yellow other than the scallops. I do like the white dots I added with my gel pen to the medallion on the yellow scalloped layer. Thanks for looking!
2 comments:
Very sweet! Happy Valentine's!
Love the pattern you stamped. Really came out pretty. Good thinking on the white gel pen dots. I'll have to try that!
Post a Comment