Wednesday, March 25, 2009

PTI March Blog




This is for the PTI March Blog Hop. The challenge this month was to create your own patterend paper. For this card, I used 2 different stamp sets to create two patterened papers. I was able to use the customize the colors in each paper to create the look I wanted.


These are some bits of the leftover paper. I started with two scraps of PTI's white cardstock. On one, I alternated different stamps from Faux Ribbon to create striped papers. I used a different acrylic block and one color for each "stripe". This made it easy to create the paper without cleaning stamps and blocks between each color. The stripes were created in Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides, Spring Moss, and Pallete Landscape.


For the other paper, I used the Polka Dot Basics set and stamped the outline dot in Ripe Avocado. I used the solid dot to stamp inside the outline with the same colors used in the striped paper.


I made the card base from Spring Moss and matted my patterned paper with Ripe Avocado. The main image uses a double-circle from Borders and Corners and I masked the top and bottom to leave room for my "Birthday Girl." She's from a clear set by Inkadinkadoo. Finally, I threaded a piece of Ocean Tides satin ribbon through a Foofala button that is pretty close match to the Spring Moss cardstock. I'm pretty happy with result!






Here's a closeup of the sentiment:



Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, White
Ink: PTI Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides, Pallet Landscape
Ribbons: PTI Ocean Tides satin
Stamps: PTI Polka Dot Basics, Faux Ribbon, Borders and Corners Circles, Inkadinkadoo Humorous Birthday
Other:Foofala button, Marvy punches

23 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Nice! It really looks like patterned paper and not a stamped piece.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool card!! tfs!!
-t

IamDerby said...

This is so cute!

BethieJ said...

What a CUTE card.. I LOL'd at the sentiment.. dang if it isnt true! ;)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Loving the stripped paper you made. You rocked the background challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jen Caputo said...

how fun! I love how you filled your polka dots in with different colors, I definitely need to try that!

Cindy Sinars said...

Such a great color combination! Thanks!

Lisa H. said...

great combo of colors and designs. love the finished product.

peggysue said...

Looks like real DP, what a great combination.

Jessica said...

Whoa, those seriously look like actual printed patterned paper - fabulous job!

Scrapping Julie said...

too cute

Deanna said...

Super cute!

Melissa said...

Very nice! I love the colors

Daniela Dobson said...

Love the stripes. I need to try that. Cute card.

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh man! faux ribbon looks great on your super cute card!

Allison Cope said...

Too cute! Love your greeting... LOL! Great stamped papers!

Anonymous said...

Love the backgrounds. Great idea on how to create stripes quickly. Now I'll have to buy some extra blocks! :-)

Melanie said...

Love your strip and polka dot backgrounds! Great card!

Lynn P. said...

Kudos on such a super job w/Faux Ribbon. I have that set - love the sentiments - hate the "ribbon" part. I can never get it together.

Very pretty cards

Dana said...

Oh my gosh Kimberly, your stamped papers look like something I would buy in a store! Seriously! Awesome job on this challenge.

Lizzie Jones said...

Your patterns are so fun and you have coordinated them so well! Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie said...

Very cool! Love the two backgrounds!

Unknown said...

Oh cool card!! Love it!