Sunday, April 25, 2010

PTI April Blog Hop

Hello!  This is my entry for PTIs April Blog Hop.  The challenge was to incorporate tissue paper into a project.  I had long wanted to try this technique for decorating a candle  with tissue paper.  I stamped the flower from Friends till the End on tissue paper, and then colored with Copics using the Ocean Tides and Summer Sunrise Trios.  The coloring was really faint on the tissue paper but showed up pretty well on the candle.  After coloring, I wrapped the tissue paper on the candle and used my heat gun to melt the paper to into the candle.  Thanks for stopping by!


 

 

Posted by Picasa

32 comments:

Linda W said...

Very pretty, Kimberly. You made me want to try this technique. Thank you.

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty, love the colors! :)

Anika said...

Very pretty! Love this idea!

Pam W. said...

Very pretty. I haven't done this technique in ages.

Jen Carter said...

That's beautiful!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun candle. Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Cammie said...

I love these colors. The candle is beautiful! I definitely must try this technique.

Liz said...

So pretty! Way to go!

Nerina said...

wooohoooo! Kimberly! I hope you are well, sooo good to see you playing in the hop! your candle project is awesome - love the colouring you chose!

Christi said...

beautiful! this would make a terrific Mother's Day gift

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful candle!

peggysue said...

Beautiful candle, your coloring really makes it lovely.

BethieJ said...

Your candle turned out so PRETTY!!
Happy Hopping!

Jessica said...

I love it!

Chris Simon said...

Great job! This would make a wonderful gift.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous coloring of the flower and the candle would make a great gift!

Elizabeth S. said...

Gorgeous flower! Love it.

Mariana said...

Love how you color that flower, it is gorgeous, me encanta!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wonderful idea to use the candle with the tissue paper! Very nice.

Terri said...

Nice job! This is one of those projects that is on my list to try too!

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Kolling said...

Very very pretty! Love the color!

Sharron said...

So pretty and great take on the challenge! Looks like a really fun technique to try!

Teresa said...

Cool idea! Pretty candle.

Dana said...

Oh so pretty. I love the colors you chose for your flower...

Katie said...

Beautiful! Absolutely love it!

Marge said...

I did a candle also & then was too sick with the flu to get to all the posts last night -- now I've seen a few! Yours is sooo pretty! Great choice in stamps!

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea! Love it!!

Shay said...

Lovely candle and wonderful use of the tissue paper. You chose delightful colors as well!

Lisa Voerg said...

I love the candle idea. Your work is beautiful

Theresa Tyree said...

Your candle is just beautiful!!!

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous, I really must try this out!