This card is for PTI's Emboss Resist Challenge. Go to Nichole Heady's blog for Anniversary info and a great video on how to do the emboss resist technique.
The card below represents my third try at this technique! The first two did not work so well. I ended up reinking my versamark and this last attempt worked!
I stamped the text background with scarlet jewel, then stamped the outlines from Beautiful Blooms in Dark Chocolate. I inked the solid flower and leaves with versamark and then heat embossed. I sponged around the edges with Scarlet Jewel andSweet Blush, and voila, emboss resist. :)
For the polka dot layer, I thought there was a little too much contrast, so I inked New Canvas over the whole thing. I plan to put a sentiment in dark chocolate on this layer, when I figure out what it will be!
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Scarlet Jewel, Kraft, Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream
Ink: PTI Scarlet Jewel, Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush, Palette New Canvas
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Blooms, Text Style, PDBII
Other: Versamark, Detail Embossing Powder, Fiskars Punch

4 comments:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again, huh? You know, I had read it before, but until you said you reinked your Versamark did it hit me that I've never reinked my pad and I've had it, oh, I don't know how many years. I think it's time to buy ink and juice that baby up! Thanks for the light-bulb moment! Pretty card, too -- glad you persevered!
Great job, Kimberly. I like the colors you chose,
Very nice card Kimberly! I like how you inked over the polka dots for a soft effect.
Glad you didn't give up. Nice job on this one!
Post a Comment