Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas Cards for 2010!

I failed on Christmas cards this past year.  I made about 15 and planned to use up some cards I made last year or (maybe even the year before) but never sent.  When I looked at the old cards, I just couldn't use them.  Yes, they were that bad!

So before I put away the Christmas stamps this year, I thought I'd get a head start on next year.  (I know there's a chance I will hate these next year, but I think it's pretty small.  Part of the problem with the old cards is they were pre-PTI cardstock, and felt very flimsy.)

This card was made by stamping the flourish from Silent Night with versamark on PTI Kraft.  I let dry for a few days and stamped the sentiment, then heat embossed in black.  The Mistletoe is from Inkadinkadoo, I think, and is colored in with Copics.




Closeup of the flourish:



Overall, I'm pretty happy with these.   Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Ripe Avocado, White
Ink: PTI Fresh Snow, Versamark, Memento Black
Ribbons: PTI Pure Poppy
Stamps: PTI
Other:
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty! Love the subtle flourish on the background, it's a great detail! :)

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

vraiment splendide, bravo à toi

Linda said...

Very pretty. I am a huge fan of Kraft and love the subtle flourish. I must try Versamark on it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sharron said...

Lovely card! I agree, the flourish works so well on the kraft paper.

Quilter422 said...

very pretty. i always forget how wonderful simple versamark stamping on the background is. thanks for the reminder.

Rhonda said...

Kimberly, I love your Copic coloring of the mistletoe. I bet you will still love these in Dec.

Found the Penquin Day on a site that has unusual holidays!!

Rhonda said...

Kimberly, On another topic Can I just I'm thankful that your blog doesn't have the word verification etc. It really makes it so much easier to leave comments. Have a great day!

Angy said...

Pretty! Like the tone on tone background - subtle but elegant. I am also toying with the idea of make 4-5 Christmas cards a month. That way they are done and I am not in a rush to create them...

Aimes said...

I hope you don't forget about these come December because they're fabulous! A really great simple and effective design! Way to go on getting a headstart LOL!
x

Terri said...

Nice job! I bet they were not as bad as you think they were. I didn't send any out this year either if it makes you feel anybetter. I also wanted to say I am happy to be part of the Papertrey Peeps group with you.

Lori said...

This is very pretty Kimberly!!! I plan on starting my Chrismas cards soon!! :)

peggysue said...

Good for you for getting a head start. I am supposed to be doing that too, I still have a few days left in January to make my ten for the month. Lovely design!

Nerina said...

Wow - Christmas 2010 - you're so inspiring!! Love the white detailing around the card edge and the tone on tone flourish. The colouring on the mistletoe is gorgeous! I think you'll love sending these out this year!