Monday, November 22, 2010

Peeps Challenge #19

This is for the Peeps challenge to use Negative Space.  Thanks, Aimes, for a great challenge!  I actually used two negatives here, the obvious (I hope) is the Christmas tree die cut, but I also used a star burst bunch (and some extra holes made with a cropadile) to "decorate" the tree and let the white base layer show through.  I finished it off with some ric-rac garland and a double ended banner for the sentiment. 

I really wish I would have used Avocado or Chartreuse for the tree.  I'm just not sure about the Pinefeather.  I kept punching holes and stamping swirls to cover it up!



In an effort to blog more, I'm skipping the supply lists. Most of this is PTI, but please leave questions about specifics or PM me on the PTI forum.

7 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I love this! Your tree is beautiful and using the darker green paper was right on. The other two would not have stood out as well. Clever to punch holes and add the ric rac garland. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Cammie said...

I love the dark green tree contrasted with the lighter blue. Love the tree trimmings too. Have wonderful Thanksgiving, Kimberly!

Sharron said...

Love how you did your tree, Kimberly! I also like the Pinefeather with the blue. And your decorating is so clever. The punched circles and ric rac garland look great. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Aimes said...

This is fab, Kimberly!! Love the way you decorated your tree (I haven't got any Pinefeather myself yet but I have a feeling I'll love it so my trees will be plain :D)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I like the paper you chose, the softer color on the outside really helps emphasize the darker tree.

Nerina said...

This is so much fun! I love the way you've used the flourish as a 'decorative' element - it's so perfect!

Angy said...

Cute, I like it! I love the green - very pretty and works perfectly for what you did here. Great job - I really need to get in there and do some challenges too.