Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Holiday Tree

I used my brand new PTI set, Holiday Tree, to make some glitter-ified Christmas cards.  I had so much fun with this set.  I used some Versamagic pigment ink to stamp the trees. 
I just stamped directly over the trees where they overlapped with no masking, and the dark trees popped to the front.  I did make a mask to stamp the tree "branches", but it's just a triangle and super easy to cut out.  Sentiment and snowflake cluster are also from Holiday Tree.  I love the font used in this set!




Glitter close-up!


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI White, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist
Ink: Versamagic
Ribbons: PTI Ocean Tides
Stamps: PTI Holiday Tree
Other: PTI Aqua Mist buttons, Martha Stewart glitter, Glue pad

10 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful cards! I love the glitter and your color choices, really gives this set a whole new look from traditional green and red!

IamDerby said...

This is lovely! I wanted that set so bad, but I restrained myself. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Cindy said...

Very pretty. I love all the sparkle.

Anonymous said...

Niceeeeee...

Liz said...

Awesome card! I love all the glitter and how you positioned the trees!

Rhonda said...

You did a great job! I haven't used my set yet, maybe today will be the day.

Cammie said...

This is so lovely. Love the colors you chose and all the sparkle!

BethieJ said...

Kimberly I LOVE this.. the colors are so PRETTY!! I love this set.. mine has yet to be inked.. EEK! :)

Aimes said...

Love it! So much magical sparkle! Just got this set in my hands today so thanks for the super inspiration! I think my trees may be sparkly too ;D!
Aimes
x

Terri said...

Great card! I especially like all the sparkle too!