Friday, September 18, 2009

PTI's CMWC 56

This card is for the PTI Casual MidWeek Challenge to use Enchanted Evening, Summer Sunrise, and Ripe Avocado together.

CMWC56 {09-16-2009} - Enchanted Summer Avocado



I made this card using the bicycle from Everyday Button Bits, with Avocado Buttons. I sponged on some grass and sky while the label was still in the Spellbinders die. I used black thread to sew the buttons to the card.

I colored the seat gold...a cycle suitable the malliot juane!

The avocado panel is heat embossed using Polka Dot basics. I added Versamark dots to the summer sunrise background to try to tie that to the avocado panel.

Firsts: Sewing buttons to the card, first time to ink up this set.

Next time: I like all of the elements separately, I'm just not sure about them together. I think maybe PB2 is too modern for the classic cycle!



Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Enchanted Evening, Summer Sunrise, and Ripe Avocado
Ink: Memento Black, PTI Fresh Snow, Versamark
Stamps: PTI Everyday Button Bits, Retro Backgrounds, Polka Dot Basics 1 & 2
Other: Prisma marker, embossing powder, Labels die


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen H. (kthaman) said...

This is great! I love how you did the sentiment!